Cerebral sparks

sparks in my mind unleashed online

Thursday, July 13, 2006


Goodbye to You

Last night I drove around for more than an hour,

I inadvertently had to end up at yours,

Well, I was not confused or torn or even sad

You failed in your attempt in driving me mad

I could have gone on, left you behind

Or leave you just a letter quietly signed,

But I wanted to give you that one last chance

To let you know that I am no more in a trance,

Then I saw yesterday what I’d expected,

Fairly played, you lost the chance I’d created,

I am moving on, have a life to live

Am sorry to say you’ve got nothing more to give.

You may think you’re successful, and amazing

Sorry, it takes more than cheap impressing

Clearly, you dwelled in hypocrisy all along

And now you know why I had to write this song.

You think you’re strong and can let me go

You’re like paper that one emotion can out-blow

Aphasic, and dumbstruck, you’re no more special

You’re just one among the others several

I’ve made up mind and am not staying

So see you when you’re forty, it’s not changing.

/*Some lines have been adapted from Dido, See you when you're forty*/

1 Comments:

  • At 8:36 PM , Blogger Shivani Rao said...

    quiet a rhyme. I have not heard the dido song. so i dont know bout that.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home