Cerebral sparks

sparks in my mind unleashed online

Thursday, July 13, 2006


http://www.karelia.ru/Karelia/Exhibit/nature/pic/noorun.jpg

This poem I wrote to my mother who taught me how to pray :) . Some of the lines were adapted from Mariah Carey's My Saving Grace. The lines could not have been more apt.

I've loved a lot,
been hurt a lot.
And spent precious years
just wrapped up in fear
With no end in sight
Until my saving grace shined her light,
She shined her light just on me
She is truly and undoubtedly the Power that be..

And I've been bruised
I grew up so confused
Been destitute
Soaked in solitude
Been stigmatized
and Black and white
felt so sad inside
Until my saving grace took me for a ride,
And that ride was just for me
She is truly the Power that be...

She gave me peace
She gave me strength,
She gave me hope
and she gave me faith
When i had almost lost it all
And she was there whenever I called

And the bountiful things that You do,
Oh Lord, Thank You
For delivering me
my saving grace
And i still exist because
She's there for me till the last..

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh boy....do I want to meet a Mom like yours!

     
  • At 6:36 AM , Blogger Vatsav said...

    Yeah she's the best..(hugggggz)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home